DestinationMAP (Meetings Assessment Program) takes an in-depth look at the different determining factors of why a meeting planner selects or does not select a location for their event. It is particularly useful in establishing benchmarks and developing marketing and strategic plans designed to attract large conferences and conventions. DestinationMAP covers 40 major destinations in the United States and Canada and is conducted every two years.
Details for Volume I
- Includes key determinants in meeting site selection today
- Looks at what strengths destinations have to capitalize on and unique image attributes that individual cities can capitalize on in branding strategy
- Determines what steps individual destinations need to take to attract more large conventions and retain existing clients
- Analyzes how each of the top 40 destinations’ marketing efforts compare to direct competitors
- Identifies key changes are emerging for the industry and individual destinations
Details for Volume II
- Completely confidential report
- Is only available to purchasers of Volume I and destinations within the top 40 meeting markets
- Looks at past visits to destination, major meetings held in past two years, and major meetings intended in next two years
- Examines overall evaluation of city as a vacation destination and convention and incentive site
- Analyzes travel image of city with respect to both positive and negative attributes
We Also Recommend:
Custom DestinationMAP is an individually tailored study available to destinations of all sizes which provides a framework by which a destination can survey its own clients and prospects in order to understand its image position, strengths, and opportunities in the meetings and conventions market.
Compression studies display the “tipping point” at which time occupancy spills from one region of your destination to another, display economic “lift” from events, and exhibit the value of CVB/DMO bookings.